Have you decided to put your house on the market? June saw yet another month of great traction nationwide and locally in the real estate market. Keep reading to find out how Thurston County faired last month!
Thurston County Real Estate as of June 30, 2017
- There were 747 active listings in Thurston County. While this figure is down from last year, more people put their homes on the market than in May.
- Active listings decreased from 88 days on market (DOM) to 84 days when compared to last year. Also of note is that homes spent fewer DOM compared to the month prior.
- New pending contracts increased from 611 in June 2016 to 692 in June 2017.
- This year, the median sales price for June increased by more than 7 percent.
- For June, Thurston County had 1.1 months of available inventory, an increase since May.
The real estate market saw some small changes in the weeks between the end of May and June. While homes are spending less time on the market, there are more homes available county wide which can be seen in the active listings and inventory for the month. Overall, the housing industry saw tremendous growth this year compared to last and the market is still in favor of sellers.
There are still ample opportunities to cash in while the iron’s hot; check out my tips for prepping your home to list! Looking for more information on the market for the month of June? Leave a comment below!
Karin Zeigler brings a wealth of knowledge and expertise in buying and selling residential real estate in the South Puget Sound area including Thurston, Mason, Lewis and Pierce counties. Whether you’re looking for a first house, downsizing, or have special circumstances such as military loans, Karin can help you find your dream home. Contact her today, or call 360-870-6249, to start your home buying or selling process.