Summer is in full swing around the Pacific Northwest and the home market is blazing! Pierce, Thurston, Lewis, Mason and King Counties are all seeing homes selling quickly and at a higher price than in the previous year, making it a great time for sellers to cash in on their investment! Keep reading to discover the NWMLS highlights for Thurston County and surrounding areas from July 2017.
Thurston County Home Market Report for July
- There were 832 active listings in Thurston County for the month of July.
- Active listings spent 82 days market (DOM), 3 days less than last year and 2 less than in June.
- There were a total of 2,974 closed sales for July of this year, almost 300 more than last year.
- The cost of homes this year in July raised by 9 percent.
- In July, Thurston County had 1.4 months of available inventory, an increase over the last month.
Puget Sound Home Market Report for July
Much like Thurston County, the rest of the region experienced similar home market results. With increased sales and low inventory, here are some key figures from the month of July.
- In July, 3 percent more homes closed than in the previous year.
- Mirroring the result for Thurston County, the entire region’s home price rose by 9 percent.
- Last month there were 15,749 active homes on the market for the entire year, a drop of 14 percent when compared to the same month last year.
- When reviewing the entire region, there are only 1.6 months of inventory available, which is less than last year.
Whether you live in Thurston County or the surrounding area, if you are interested in selling, now is the time as it is a hot seller’s market! Interested in finding out what your home is worth? Call me today!
Karin Zeigler brings a wealth of knowledge and expertise in buying and selling residential real estate in the South Puget Sound area including Thurston, Mason, Lewis and Pierce counties. Whether you’re looking for a first house, downsizing, or have special circumstances such as military loans, Karin can help you find your dream home. Contact her today, or call 360-870-6249, to start your home buying or selling process.