September marked the end of the summer season, but did it mark the end of the booming home sales? Keep reading to find out if September was still an amazing month for the home market and other important statistics you should know from the Northwest Multiple Listing Service (NWMLS).
Thurston County Home Market Report
• As of September 30th, Thurston County had a total of 763 active listings, a drop from the previous year’s 1,032 listings.
• With fewer homes up for sale, listings spent only 79 days active on the market.
• Increasing by more than 550 homes from the end of August, total closed sales for September were 4,125; this is also an increase from last year by more than 500 sales.
• The price of homes rose by 9 percent between the end of August and the end of September.
• Available home inventory for the month of September remained the same as August, at 1.3 months, making the market still favorable for sellers.
Puget Sound Home Market Report
Home sales around the region showed a very slight drop from August to September, as it has the past few years, but when comparing year-to-date, September 2017 has continued to show growth in the home market. Read on to learn key stats for last month.
• 9,371 homes were closed in September, a drop from August sales, but still marking a 4 percent increase when compared to the previous year.
• Staying consistent with August, values for the entire region’s home prices rose by 12 percent.
• In September there were 15,888 active homes on the market, a slight decrease from the prior month, and a 12 percent drop when compared to the same time last year.
• As of September 30th, the available home inventory for the entire region was estimated at 1.7 months. Just as Thurston County, the entire region is showing a seller’s market.
Even with a very slight seasonal drop in closed sales and active listings, September continued with this year’s pattern of a hot market when compared to the previous year. As we get into the holiday season, will this trend of a seller’s market continue? Share your predictions with me in the comments below, and be sure to let me know if you have any questions.
Karin Zeigler brings a wealth of knowledge and expertise in buying and selling residential real estate in the South Puget Sound area including Thurston, Mason, Lewis and Pierce counties. Whether you’re looking for a first house, downsizing, or have special circumstances such as military loans, Karin can help you find your dream home. Contact her today, or call 360-870-6249, to start your home buying or selling process.