Are you ready to purchase a new home? Before you begin the process of buying a house, one of the smartest things you can do is get a pre-approved home loan from a mortgage lender of your choice. There are many reasons why real estate professionals recommend securing a pre-approval as the first step in the journey to home ownership; keep reading to see a few from me.
5 Reasons to get Pre-Approved for A Home Loan
- Know your buying limit. This is probably the most obvious reasons why you should secure a home loan before you start looking. A pre-approved loan will save you from falling in love with a house you’re unable to purchase. With the knowledge of how much you can spend, you can focus your search on homes in that price range.
- Sellers take you more seriously. With a home loan in hand, you increase your credibility with sellers and real estate agents by establishing how serious you are about buying a house. In a seller’s market this credibility makes all the difference between your offer being accepted or rejected.
- Some sellers require it. Sellers who are on a timeline to sell their home may require you to have a home loan secured in order to put an offer in. This helps them make sure the offer they accept will close when they need it to.
- Helps the process move faster. By getting pre-approved you don’t have to wait for the mortgage lender to approve your initial home loan request after your offer has been accepted. It speeds up the process by having most of the information complete, you only need to finalize securing the loan.
- Increases the odds of successful negotiation. While a seller does not have to accept your offer if you have a pre-approved home loan, it can help. Coming to the table prepared can give you a little bit of an advantage and help negotiate an amount everyone can rely on and be happy about.
Don’t lose out on your dream house because you didn’t think it was necessary to get pre-approved for a home loan. Want to get pre-approved but don’t know where to turn? Contact me today to find out what mortgage lenders I recommend.
Karin Zeigler brings a wealth of knowledge and expertise in buying and selling residential real estate in the South Puget Sound area including Thurston, Mason, Lewis and Pierce counties. Whether you’re looking for a first house, downsizing, or have special circumstances such as military loans, Karin can help you find your dream home. Contact her today, or call 360-870-6249, to start your home buying or selling process.