Whether you’re a first time homebuyer, want to sell your home or have special circumstances and needs to fill, finding the right Realtor is a critical part of the home buying and selling process. In this article, I provide some questions to ask as you search for a new real estate agent.
Questions to Consider When Finding a Realtor
- Where are they located? When finding a real estate agent, it’s important to know where they and their core market are located in relation to where you will buy or sell a house. An agent who works in the location you’re interested in will have an intimate relationship with the real estate trends and demographics for the area, helping you meet your home goals.
- How long have they been in real estate? Everyone starts somewhere, but if you have unique circumstances (such as special loan requirements or home features that need to be met), it’s best to find a Realtor who has built a solid reputation in the industry. With experience comes wisdom you can’t get from books or training.
- Do they have experience with your circumstances? Whether you’re buying or selling, if you have specific constraints (like those mentioned above), you need to find a Realtor who has successfully worked with similar requisites in the past. An agent with experience with your situation can guide your through the process and answer your questions along the way.
- Do they have testimonials you can see? Find out if the Realtor has any testimonials vouching for their skills and experience in your area of need. First person accounts from people who have worked with them in the past is a great way to learn if they are truly qualified to fulfill your requests.
- How many clients do they work with at a time? It may seem like a personal question, but it’s an important one to ask. Make sure that your Realtor will be able to spend an adequate amount of time trying to meet your needs. On the flip side, an agent who only has one or two clients at a time may be a red flag and should be asked about why they don’t have more clients.
Keep these questions handy as you begin your search for a new Realtor; they’re sure to help you find the right agent for your specific needs. Are there any questions I missed on this list? Let me know what else you consider when choosing a Realtor!
Karin Zeigler brings a wealth of knowledge and expertise in buying and selling residential real estate in the South Puget Sound area including Thurston, Mason, Lewis and Pierce counties. Whether you’re looking for a first house, downsizing, or have special circumstances such as military loans, Karin can help you find your dream home. Contact her today, or call 360-870-6249, to start your home buying or selling process.